FALL HARVEST SA52
What does your community harvest in the fall?
- Grades: K-8
- Date: October 1-5, 2018. (no deadline)
- Share: Upload pictures to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, or
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hashtag: Please share student work and photographs of your students
- completing this activity using the hashtag #akgtcsa
- To identify and share important aspects of your local community
- To learn about and celebrate the uniqueness and diversity of different communities across Canada.
- Social Studies/Geography – seasonal changes, community events
- Visual Arts (photography – composition)
What does the fall harvest season look like in your neighbourhood community?
This week’s special activity challenges your students to photograph and share their pictures of anything that is harvested in your community in the fall.
* Do some families harvest food from gardens in backyards or out on balconies?
* Do any students live on farms which harvest crops like apples, corn, wheat, or canola?
* Do some of the mothers make jams or pickles from food purchased at the local market?
* Do any students go out to a pumpkin farm to get a pumpkin for Hallowe’en?
What grows and is harvested in YOUR community?
- digital devices with a camera
- class social media account or Kids’ Guide to Canada account
— REMINDER —
PLEASE share photographs of your students in action!
However, please be sure to keep student identities out of any special activity pictures you share.
Broken links on this page?
This is a collaborative team effort: please contact us and let us know!