This post is also available in: Français (French)
AUTUMN in your NEIGHBOURHOOD SA27
- Grade: K-8
- Date: October 9-13, 2017. (no deadline)
- Share: Upload pictures to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook
- or email to email@example.com
- Hashtag: Please share student works, and photographs of your students completing
- this activity using the hashtag #akgtcsa
OBJECTIVES: To learn about and celebrate the uniqueness and diversity of communities across Canada.
- Science (seasonal change, adaptations, plants, animal habitats)
- Visual Art (colour, pattern, texture, composition)
This week challenge your students to investigate Autumn in their local neighbourhood, and then use photographs or artwork to show what autumn is like within their community.
When is the official first day of autumn? When is the last? What kind of evidence can you find to show that the season is changing from summer to fall? And what kind of evidence will indicate to you that Autumn is over and Winter has begun? What kind of changes do you see in the plants and animals of your local neighbourhood? What kinds of autumn smells do you notice in your neighbourhood? How do people change their habits in the fall, and how is this similar or different to the adaptations of plants and animals?
- art materials
Please share photographs of your students in action! However please be sure to keep identities out of any special activity pictures you share!
Broken links on this page?
This is a collaborative team effort: please contact us and let us know!