PRIMARY “ERL” ACTIVITIES
Week 1 STUDENTS EXPLORE THE CHALLENGE
- PR-1 Introduction to the Kids’ Guide Challenge
- PR-2 ME on the Map! (includes Maps of Canada)
- PR-3 What is a Community?
- PR-4 What is in my Neighbourhood? (Outdoor Walk)
Week 2 STUDENTS EXPLORE and WRITE
- PR-5 Explore Your Neighbourhood (The People)
- PR-6 Explore Your Neighbourhood (Use Your Senses)
- PR-7 Story Writing: The Alien Who Came to Visit
- PR-8 Illustrating Your Story
- PR-9 Explore Your Neighbourhood (Animal Signs)
Week 3 STUDENTS CREATE ARTIFACTS
- PR-10 Let’s Give Credit!
- PR-10 Let’s Give Credit Slideshow (English only at this time)
- PR-11 Create a Community Artifact: Plan and begin!
- PR-12 Write about Your Topic!
- PR-13 Complete Your Media! (neighbourhood walk if needed)
- PR-14 Finish Creating Your Artifact
Week 4 SUBMIT ARTIFACTS + PLAY to LEARN
- PR-15 Get Feedback, Revise, Backup & Submit Your Artifact!
- PR-16 Gr 1-3 Daily Search and Create
- PR-17 Daily Search and Create – teacher choice (see PR-16)
- PR-18 Daily Search and Create – teacher choice (see PR-16)
- PR-19 Daily Search and Create – teacher choice (see PR-16)
- PR-20 Primary Canadian Trivia Challenge!