- JANUARY 1st 2017 – JUNE 30th, 2017.
- Timing and length of participation is up to each teacher/school
- ALL JK-8 TEACHERS and STUDENTS in Canadian and FNMI schools
- Speakers of French, English, and Indigenous languages
- Teachers must provide a verifiable educational email address
- Note: No student accounts or access to students within this project
- Part One CREATING A KIDS’ GUIDE CONTENT
- Students inquire into the land and people of their school community
- Students create introductions using hand-made or digital tools of their choice, and in a language of their choice
- Teachers post student artifacts on AKGTCanada website (not students)
- Part Two CROSS-CANADA CLASS CONNECTIONS
- Teachers use Digital Human Library to find other teachers across Canada
- Teachers connect classes for inter-cultural conversations and deeper learning
- Connections use a variety of methods: phone, snail mail, parcel post, email, radio, audio and video recordings, video conferencing and online collaborations if possible.
- Part Three PARTICIPATING in a MULTICULTURAL SOCIETY
- #KidsMatter: Personal identity and value, how to Choose2Matter and make a difference
- Cross-Cultural Communication: creating relationships with peers of different cultures
- Digital citizenship: skills required to do this in an online world.
- Canadian, First Nation, Métis, and Inuit communities in every part of Canada
- NO COST to participate
- Leadership provided by elementary classroom teachers in every province and territory across Canada
- Interactive website and tech support provided by Esri Canada
- Teacher registry provided by Digital Human Library
- Free teacher resources and student activities Angela Maiers, Choose2Matter
- AKGTCanada website, registration, and organizational support provided by District School Board of Niagara, ihub Niagara, chalk.com, and BonZa Global Inc.
- Organizational support and sponsorship provided by Canadian Education Association (CEA-ace)
- Financial accounting provided by Educational Computing Organization of Ontario (ECOO)
- Technology and networking support provided by ORION Network and Contact North