This post is also available in: Français (French)
FIRST SNOWFALL: WINTER COMES TO CANADA!
- Grade: K-8
- Date: Autumn 2017 (no deadline)
- Share: Upload pictures to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, or
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hashtag: Please share student works, and photographs of your students completing this activity using the hashtag #akgtcSA
* To learn about and celebrate the uniqueness and diversity of communities across Canada
When does the first snowfall of the winter occur in different communities across Canada? Have you already had your first snowfall?
This week we have a very simple challenge for your students – record and share a photograph of the first snowfall which covers the ground, whenever it happens. Remember to include the DATE and LOCATION! (Snow flurries in the air don’t count unless the ground gets white!) And if you’ve already had a snowfall, take a picture today and estimate when the snow first covered the ground in your community.
From all of the different class entries, we will create an animated slide show showing how winter comes to Canada.
- Digital devices
- Teacher or Class Email, Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook account
Please share photographs of your students in action!
However please be sure to keep student identities out of any Special Activity pictures you share.
Broken links on this page?
This is a collaborative team effort: please contact us and let us know!