HOLIDAY PHOTO CHALLENGE
- Grades: K-8
- Date: Nov. 26 – Dec. 1, 2018. (no deadline)
- Share: Upload pictures to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, or
- email to email@example.com
- Hashtag: Please share student work and photographs of your students
- completing this activity using the hashtag #akgtcsa
- To identify and share important aspects of your local community
- To learn about and celebrate the uniqueness and diversity of communities across Canada.
- Students will learn about and celebrate the contributions of Indigenous people to Canada through their many different and descriptive languages.
- Students will learn the location of Canada’s provinces and territories on a map.
CURRICULUM CONNECTIONS (revise
- Geography (identifying features of a neighbourhood or local community)
- Social Studies/Geography (Place and Location)
- Literacy: Reading, Writing
- Media Literacy (creating an effective message)
- Visual Arts (photography – composition)
- Aboriginal/Indigenous Education (Indigenous Languages, contributions to Canada)
This week’s special activity challenges your students to take a picture of something that is important to them in your town/city/village/reserve/rural area etc., and use it to create a message welcoming other children to your neighbourhood!
- digital devices with camera
- internet connection
- class social media account or Kids’ Guide to Canada account
RESOURCES (if any are being shared, such as maps, websites, etc.)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
PLEASE share photographs of your students in action!
However please be sure to keep student identities out of any Special Activity pictures you share!
Broken links on this page?
This is a collaborative team effort: please contact us and let us know!