The GREAT CANADIAN MULTICULTURAL HOLIDAY
- Grades: K-8
- Date: December 2018. (no deadline)
- Share: Upload pictures to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, or email to email@example.com
- Hashtag: Please share photographs of your students completing this activity using the hashtag #akgtcsa
- To learn about and celebrate the diversity of communities and cultures throughout Canada.
- Social Studies/Geography (cultural celebrations)
- Aboriginal/Indigenous Education
- Character Education
This week’s special activity is a fun and fast-paced trivia game all about the many multicultural celebrations which take place in the holiday season in communities across Canada. Topics include Hanukkah, Christmas, Santa Claus, Saint Stephen, Saint Nicolas, Boxing Day, Kwanzaa, saying Merry Christmas in English, French, Spanish, Objibwa, Cree, and Inuktitut, holiday foods and entertainment.
The questions begin very easy, and slowly get more and more difficult. Teachers should preview the 12 sets of questions, and choose those most appropriate for their students. Full instructions are below.
Enjoy a fun game in the final days before the winter holidays, and have everyone – including adults – learning at the same time!
MATERIALS NEEDED (download and print)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
PLEASE share photographs of your students in action!
Broken links on this page?
This is a collaborative team effort: please contact us and let us know!