KidsMeet Canada – Live National Webcast
Date: June 14, 2017 at 12:30 – 1:30 pm EDT
** Pease check your time zone for local start times.
- Pacific Daylight Time 9:30 a.m. PDT
- Mountain Daylight Time 10:30 a.m. MDT
- Central Daylight Time 11:30 a.m. CDT
- Eastern Daylight Time 12:30 p.m. EDT
- Atlantic Daylight Time 1:30 p.m. ADT
- Newfoundland Daylight Time 2:00 p.m. NDT
Objectives/ Learning Goals:
To celebrate the uniqueness and diversity of communities across Canada
Celebrate the end of the school year by joining us for a fun Kids’ Guide to Canada K-8 cross-Canada “KidsMeet” webcast – our very first LIVE webcast! And it’s FREE!
Meet 7 classes of students from different communities from coast to coast, as they introduce the land and people of the communities in which they live to your students. Take advantage of the opportunity for your students to submit your students’ comments and questions through the simple-to-use Q+A feature within the Hangout.
Have your students play along in a fast and fun game of AKGTC Canadian Trivia — the game questions will be sent to you after the broadcast, and will also be available for download after the webcast on this site.
Then end the webcast by looking forward to next year and learning about an exciting new program by WorldVuze Canada which invites your students to help create a vision for Canada for the next 150 years.
Canadian teachers can register their K-8 classes to watch and to send questions to the presenting classes during this webcast at:
Please discuss criteria for good questions with your students before the webcast, and generate a list of topics or potential open-ended questions which might help them learn more about the land and people of the different communities.
- Do you take a bus to school? How do students get to school?
- Do you like to play hockey? What kind of sports do kids like to play in the winter?
Required Activity Materials:
- – computer
- – internet service with sufficient bandwidth to live-stream video
- – class display system i.e. projector and white board
- – speakers