This post is also available in: Français (French)
Mystery Class Challenge #1 SA13
- Grades: K-8
- Date: May 8, 2017 . (* This activity can be completed at any time, although “Top Sleuth” challenge closes Fri. May. 12th)
- Submit: Email your answers to email@example.com
- Share: Upload student work and photographs of students completing the activity to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hashtag: Please share using the hashtag #akgtcsa
OBJECTIVES / LEARNING GOALS:
To celebrate uniqueness and diversity of communities across Canada
This week, we’ve selected ONE location from the artifacts uploaded to the Kids’ Guide to Canada interactive map to be our first Great Canadian Mystery Challenge location. Using ONLY the 5 clues provided each day on our website, your student’s challenge is to discover the mystery location without extra teacher assistance!
All classes identifying the location correctly will be listed on our website, and the FIRST class to submit the correct answer will be invited to help create the 5 clues for next month’s mystery challenge.
Tell your students to get their detective skills ready!
– interactive Kids’ Guide to Canada map
– clues will be posted on activity page http://akgtcanada.com/sa13
– Canadian Atlas /Almanac
PLEASE share photographs of your students in action!
However, please be sure to keep student identities out of any special activity pictures you share.
#1: This class is located east of Alberta and west of Nova Scotia.
#2: This class on the map is located in a small city with a population over 13,000.
#3. The name of this class’s community begins with a letter in the last 10 letters of the alphabet.
#4. This community is about an hour’s drive from a big beautiful waterfall that people love to visit.
#5. Students in this community live in a sub-arctic climate zone, more than 800 km from the Canada/USA border.
ANSWER: BURNTWOOD PS THOMPSON MANITOBA
#akgtcSA13 SUPER SLEUTHS
- Gr 2-3 Burntwood School, Thompson MB Aniceto
- Gr 4 Kathryn School, Kathryn AB, J Hassett
- Gr 3-4 Essex PSToronto ON, J. Haber
- Gr 3-4 Terrace Bay PS, Terrace Bay ON, M. Velanoff
- Honourable Mention:
- Gr 3 Larkspur PS, Brampton ON, Mrs. Lyons
- Gr 4-5 St. Thomas the Apostle CS, Waterdown ON, M. Richardson May 12th
- Gr 4-5 Lakeview PSOttawa ON, L. McRae May 12th
- Gr 6 St. Elizabeth Ann Seton CS, Ottawa ON, Y. Krawiecki, May 12th
- Gr 6 St. Gabriel CS, Kanata ON, R. Tibshirani