This post is also available in: Français (French)
Mystery Class Challenge #1 SA13
Download this activity: sa13 MysteryChallenge 1
- Grades: K-8
- Date: May 8 – 12th, 2017. (Teachers are welcome to challenge their classes even long after the formal challenge is over.)
- Share: Share photos of your students working on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to share them on your behalf!
- Hashtag: #akgtcSA
To celebrate uniqueness and diversity of communities across Canada
This week, we’ve selected ONE location from the artifacts uploaded to the Kids’ Guide to Canada interactive map to be our first Great Canadian Mystery Challenge location. Using ONLY the 5 clues provided each day on our website, your student’s challenge is to discover the mystery location without extra teacher assistance!
All classes identifying the location correctly will be listed on our website, and the FIRST class to submit the correct answer will be invited to help create the 5 clues for next month’s mystery challenge.
Tell your students to get their detective brains ready!
- interactive Kids’ Guide to Canada map
- Canadian Atlas or Almanac
For you to download, print, and use: Free Blank Map of Canada
MYSTERY CLASS #1 – CLUES
1. This class is located east of Alberta and west of Nova Scotia.
2. This class on the map is located in a small city with a population over 13,000.
3. The name of this class’s community begins with a letter in the last 10 letters of the alphabet.
4. This community is about an hour’s drive from a big beautiful waterfall that people love to visit.
5. Students in this community live in a sub-arctic climate zone, more than 800 km from the Canada/USA border.
ANSWER: BURNTWOOD PS THOMPSON MANITOBA
MYSTERY CLASS CHALLENGE #1 — SUPER SLEUTHS
- BRAGGING RIGHTS: Congratulations Gr 2-3 BURNTWOOD SCHOOL in Thompson MB, who guessed themselves! T. Aniceto
- Gr 4 Kathryn School, Kathryn AB, J Hassett
- Gr 3-4 Essex PS Toronto ON, J. Haber
- Gr 3-4 Terrace Bay PS, Terrace Bay ON, M. Velanoff.
- Honourable Mention
- Gr 3 Larkspur PS, Brampton ON, Mrs. Lyons
- BRAGGING RIGHTS: Congratulations Gr 4-5 St. Thomas the Apostle CS, Waterdown ON, M. Richardson
- Gr 4-5 Lakeview PS Ottawa ON, L. McRae
- Gr 6 St. Elizabeth Ann Seton CS, Ottawa ON, Y. Krawiecki
- Gr 6 St. Gabriel CS, Kanata ON, R. Tibshirani
If your class completes this challenge after May 12th, and you would like their names to be posted here, please send a class photo with their answer to akgtcanada.com and title it: Mystery Class and we’ll be happy to add them to the Super Sleuths list!
Broken links on this page?
This is a collaborative team effort: please contact us and let us know!