- Grade: K-8
- Date: October 30 – Nov. 1, 2017. (* This activity can be completed at any time, although “Top Sleuth” challenge closes Friday Nov. 1st)
- Share: Upload pictures to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, or
- email to email@example.com
- Hashtag: Please share student works, and photographs of your students completing this activity using the hashtag #akgtcsa
OBJECTIVES / LEARNING GOALS: To learn about and celebrate the uniqueness and diversity of communities across Canada
ACTIVITY DESCRIPTION This week, we’ve selected ONE class from all of the classes who have uploaded artifacts to the Kids’ Guide to Canada interactive map to be our third Great Canadian Mystery Challenge location.
Please note that the mystery class choices are restricted to classes which have uploaded artifacts to the Kids’ Guide to Canada map.
Using the 5 clues posted on our website and on social media each day, your students’ challenge is to discover the mystery class location without extra teacher assistance!
When your students have come up with their FINAL ANSWER, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org Only email submissions will be accepted. Please note that if you submit multiple guesses, only the first answer will be accepted.
All classes identifying the location correctly will be listed on our website below, and the FIRST class in each division (Pr–Jr–Int) to submit the correct answer will be given bragging rights for being the TOP AKGTC SLEUTHS for OCTOBER and a brand new e-badge stating just that!
It’s time for your students to get their map reading skills in gear!
- digital devices
- interactive Kids’ Guide to Canada map
Mystery Class Challenge #4 – CLUES
(Remember! All possible answers are located on the Kids’ Guide to Canada map.)
CORRECT RESPONSES received according to time stamp
JUNIOR Grades 4-6
- 1 Grade School Location Teacher
- 2 Grade School Location Teacher
- 3 Grade School Location Teacher
- 4 Grade School Location Teacher
- 5 Grade School Location Teacher
Please share photographs of your students in action!
However please be sure to keep student identities out of any Special Activity pictures you share!