- Grade: K-8
- Date: October 30 – Nov. 3, 2017. (* This activity can be completed at any time, although “Top Sleuth” challenge closes Friday Nov. 3rd)
- Submit: Email your answers to email@example.com
- Share: Upload student work and photographs of students completing the activity to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hashtag: Please share using the hashtag #akgtcsa
- Students will develop grade-appropriate knowledge of Canada’s physical and political geography.
- Students will develop grade-appropriate map reading skills.
- Students will learn about and celebrate the uniqueness and diversity of communities across Canada.
CURRICULUM CONNECTIONS: Social Studies/Geography (Map-Reading, Communities of Canada), Problem-Solving Skills
ACTIVITY DESCRIPTION This week, we’ve selected ONE class from all of the classes who have uploaded artifacts to the Kids’ Guide to Canada interactive map to be our third Great Canadian Mystery Challenge location.
Please note that the mystery class choices are restricted to classes which have uploaded artifacts to the Kids’ Guide to Canada map.
Using the 5 clues posted on our website and on social media each day, your students’ challenge is to discover the mystery class location without extra teacher assistance!
When your students have come up with their FINAL ANSWER, please email it to email@example.com Only email submissions will be accepted. Please note that if you submit multiple guesses, only the first answer will be accepted.
All classes identifying the location correctly will be listed on our website below, and the FIRST class in each division (Pr–Jr–Int) to submit the correct answer will be given bragging rights for being the TOP AKGTC SLEUTHS for OCTOBER and a brand new e-badge stating just that!
It’s time for your students to get their map reading skills in gear!
- digital devices
- interactive Kids’ Guide to Canada map
Mystery Class Challenge #4 – CLUES
(Remember! All possible answers are located on the Kids’ Guide to Canada map.)
- EASY CLUES
- MORE CHALLENGING CLUES
WHO WILL BE THE TOP AKGTC SLEUTHS
of October 2017?
CORRECT RESPONSES received according to time stamp, corrected for Canadian Time zones:
- 1 Grade School Location Teacher
- 2 Grade School Location Teacher
- 3 Grade School Location Teacher
- 4 Grade School Location Teacher
- 5 Grade School Location Teacher
Please share photographs of your students in action!
However please be sure to keep student identities out of any Special Activity pictures you share!