Great Canadian Kids’ Guide
Mystery Class Challenge #5
- Grades: …….K-8
- Date: Nov. 20 – 24, 2017.
- (* can be completed any time, although challenge closes Fri Nov. 24th)
- Share:………Email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Share: Upload student work and photographs of students completing the activity to Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, or email to email@example.com
- Hashtag: #akgtcsa
- Students will develop grade-appropriate knowledge of Canada’s physical and political geography.
- Students will develop grade-appropriate map reading skills.
- Students will learn about and celebrate the uniqueness and diversity of communities across Canada.
- Social Studies/Geography (Communities of Canada, Regions of Canada, Map Reading skills)
- Language (Reading)
- Collaboration and Problem-Solving Skills
This week, we’ve selected ONE class from all of the classes who have uploaded artifacts to the Kids’ Guide to Canada interactive map to be our 5th Great Canadian Mystery Class. Please note that mystery class choices are restricted to the classes which have uploaded artifacts to the Kids’ Guide to Canada map.
For each day of the week, one clue in both English and French will be sent to registered participants and posted on social media each day. To suit the wide range of age and skill levels of elementary students, each of the 5 clues will be provided in both simple and more challenging terms. Please select only ONE clue for each day, according to the skill level of your students.
When your students have come up with their FINAL ANSWER, please email it on their behalf to firstname.lastname@example.org Only email submissions will be accepted, and accommodations will be made for time zones across Canada. (Please note that if multiple guesses are submitted, only the first answer will be accepted.)
All classes identifying the correct school and location will be listed on our website, and the FIRST class in each Pr-Jr-Int division to email the correct answer will be given bragging rights as TOP AKGTC SLEUTHS for OCTOBER, and a brand new electronic badge to prove it! The FIRST 5 correct answers in each PR-JR-INT division will also receive an electronic badge for this achievement.
Tell your students to get their detective skills ready!
- interactive Kids’ Guide to Canada map
- clues will be posted on website and social media
- access to additional info resources for older students
(we trust teachers to choose only ONE clue each day)
MORE CHALLENGING CLUES
Please share photographs of your students in action!
However please be sure to keep student identities out of any Special Activity pictures you share!
WHO WILL BE THE TOP AKGTC SLEUTHS
in November 2017?
CORRECT RESPONSES received according to time stamp, corrected for time zone: