This post is also available in: Français (French)
AKGTC WEEKLY SPECIAL ACTIVITIES !
Every week, we post the details for one new class challenge. These are designed to be short activities (1 class period or less) to help inspire your students to inquire, investigate, and share their neighbouring community in creative ways at whatever skill level they have — truly BY KIDS and FOR KIDS.
* Student submissions can be shared on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram with the hashtag #akgtcSA, or you can email them to email@example.com and we’ll be happy share them for you.
* Classes can learn about the beauty and diversity of communities across Canada’s enormous physical landscape by searching the hashtag #akgtcSA on Twitter or Instagram.
* There are NO deadlines for these activities!
* While each activity is designed to occur in a particular week, you and your class are welcome to participate and submit responses for any and all activities at any time.
* We know it’s hard sometimes, but please resist the urge to post teacher responses!
<< DIGITAL SAFETY and SECURITY >>
You are posting student submissions publicly on the web.
Please ensure that any and all submissions of special activities
are covered by written parental consent and please
do not identify individual students in any way.
TENTATIVE ACTIVITIES for September 2018
- SA47 First Week of School! ... . Student Photo Challenge
- SA48 First Snowfall ….………….…. ..Student Photo Challenge
- SA49 ..School Window View ………….Student Photo Challenge
- SA50 ..Community Quilt ……………. ..Class Art Activity
- SA51 AKGTC Scavenger Hunt! . Class Activity
TENTATIVE ACTIVITIES for October 2018
- SA52 Autumn Harvest Student Photo Challenge
- SA53 ..Show us Your Community! Student Photo Challenge
- SA54 ..KidsMeet Labrador and Innutut Live Webcast
- SA55 Mystery Class Challenge Class Activity
- SA56 I Build Up Class Activity
All previous special activities are still active and open.
Classes are welcome to complete any and all of these activities at any time!
Please post and share student works using the hashtag #akgtcSA to share and connect with others.
JANUARY 2017 (Official project start)
- SA1 Community Quilt Class Activity
- SA2 School Window Student Photo Challenge
- SA3 School Yard Student Photo Challenge
- SA4 Typical Street . Student Photo Challenge
- SA5 Outdoor Activity . Student Photo Challenge
- SA6 Community Word Web Class Activity
- SA7 Unique Community Student Photo Challenge
- SA8 Sound Recording Class Activity
- SA9 Welcome to… ! Student Photo Challenge
- SA10 Festivals & Celebrations Student Photo Challenge
- SA11 Special Signs of Spring Student Photo Challenge
- SA12 Music Monday Class Activity
- SA13 Mystery Class Challenge 1 AKGTC Map Challenge
- SA14 What’s the Weather Today? Student Photo Challenge
- SA15 What’s For Dinner?!? Class Activity
- ………. Choose Your Own Adventure! – no activity –
- SA16 Observing Canada150? Student Photo Challenge
- SA17 “KidsMeet Canada” Webcast
- SA18 Mystery Challenge 2……….AKGTC Map Challenge
- SA19 Adding Student Artifacts Student Photo Challenge
SEPTEMBER 2017-2018 school year
- SA20 First Week of School! ... Student Photo Challenge
- SA21 KidsMatter Collage …. . Class Activity
- SA22 AKGTC Scavenger Hunt! . Class Activity
- SA23 Mystery Class Challenge 3…..AKGTC Map Challenge
- SA24 First Snowfall ….………….…. ..Student Photo Challenge
- SA25 Thanksgiving: Learn from an Elder Class Activity
- SA26 Community Walk & Mapping Class Activity
- SA27 Autumn in Your Neighbourhood Student Photo Challenge
- SA30 Mystery Class Challenge 4…..AKGTC Map Challenge
- SA31 Remembrance Day Student Photo Challenge
- SA32 Learn an Indigenous Language Class Activity
- SA33 Mystery Class Challenge 5 ….AKGTC Map Challenge
- SA34 KidsMeet the Prairies Student Webcast
- SA35 KidsMeet Canadian Identity Student Webcast
- SA36 Put Yourself on the Map Student Photo Challenge
- SA37 Welcome to the Neighbourhood! Class Activity
- SA38 Mystery Class Challenge #6 …AKGTC Map Challenge
- SA39 The Potato Activity Class Activity
- SA40 If I Really Knew You… Class Activity
- SA41 Barriers to Cross-Cultural Communication Class Activity
- SA42 KidsMeet the Great Lakes Student Webcast
- SA43 Mystery Class Challenge #7 .AKGTC Map Challenge
- SA44 KidsMeet the Ocean Student Webcast
- SA45 KidsMeet the Arctic Student Webcast
- SA45 Indigenous Place Names Class Activity
- SA46 Add Your Community to the Guide Photo Challenge
STILL TO COME:
Mar. 12-16 SA45 Learn about Indigenous Artists
Mar. 19-23 SA46 Mud Puddles Galore!
Mar. 26-29 SA47 KidsMeet the Great Lakes – Live student webcast
Apr. 3-6 SA48 Spoken Poetry Challenge
Apr 9-13 SA49 Learn about Indigenous Place Names
Apr 16-20 SA50 Mystery Class Challenge #7
Apr 23-27 SA51 KidsMeet Live Webcast
Ap30-May4 SA52 Class Photo Challenge
May 7-11 SA53 MusicMonday
May 14-18 SA54 Class Activity
May 22-25 SA55 KidsMeet Live Webcast
May28-Jun1 SA56 Class Photo Challenge
Jun. 4-8 SA57 KidsMeet the Arctic – live student webcast
Jun. 11-15 SA58 Class Photo Challenge
Jun. 18-22 SA59 Summer Solstice
Jun. 25-29 SA60 Last week to Upload Artifacts (teachers only)
Broken links on this page?
This is a collaborative team effort: please contact us and let us know!