SIGNING IN TO THE WEBSITE:
- My PASSWORD doesn’t work. Please send an email to email@example.com for help with this.
CREATING NEW ARTIFACTS:
- WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY “NEIGHBOURHOOD NAME”? Please check on a map to see if your area of city or town has a neighbourhood name. Perhaps the locals have a name for that area that isn’t even on a formal map – near the beach, the south shore, etc.
- WHAT KIND OF ARTIFACTS CAN THE KIDS CREATE? Please see the EXAMPLES page and the TOOLS and IDEAS pages. You’ll find lots of ideas and examples there!
UPLOADING NEW ARTIFACTS:
- where is the LINK to the Artifact Entry Form? The artifact entry form is found at http://arcg.is/2bfKL43
- My school district says that OUR LANDS BELONG to DIFFERENT INDIGENOUS PEOPLE than the map you provided. Which information should we use? Please use the information you have obtained locally. As the Lands Use map indicates, some of the answers on this map may be different or inaccurate.
- What do you mean by our “NEIGHBOURHOOD NAME”? Please check on a map to see if your area of city or town has a neighbourhood name. Perhaps the locals have a name for that area that isn’t even on a formal map – near the beach, the south shore, etc.
- OUR SCHOOL NEIGHBOURHOOD DOESN’T HAVE A SPECIAL NAME. What should we put for Neighbourhood? Don’t worry – you can just leave this section blank.
ADDING ADDITIONAL ARTIFACTS:
CAN I ADD NEW ARTIFACTS to our EXISTING ENTRY? oNo, it’s not possible for you to add artifacts to an existing artifact entry yourself. What you can do is email your photographs or new link(s) to the Kids’ Guide team and ask them to add them to your existing entry. Please provide full information so that we can do that correctly – your school, grade, location, province, content of your existing artifact.
IF WE UPLOAD ADDITIONAL ARTIFACTS on a NEW FORM, WHERE DO NEW ARTIFACTS SHOW UP? Each time you upload new artifacts on a new Artifact Entry form, each one will appear as a new button in the same place for your school. The little “1 of 4” at the top right indicates how many entries are in the same place. See the map instructions page for more info.
OUR ARTIFACT ENTRY IS in the WRONG LOCATION. CAN I MOVE THE BUTTON to the CORRECT LOCATION MYSELF? No, it isn’t possible for you to move your own artifact button at this time. We can do it for you- see #4.
HOW DO WE GET OUR ARTIFACT BUTTON MOVED to the CORRECT LOCATION? Please email the Kids’ Guide team, indicating where your button is located now, and where you would like it to be moved. If you have more than one artifact, please tell us which artifact entry is in the wrong location.