A Kid’s Guide to Canada – By Kids, For Kids
Un guide du Canada – par des enfants, pour des enfants
Final Week for Adding Artifacts to the Map!
Deadline: June 30th, 2017. 11:59 p.m.
Date: June 26 – 11:59 pm June 30, 2017.
Share: Upload student artifacts to interactive map (no teacher content please!)
Objectives/ Learning Goals: To celebrate the uniqueness and diversity of communities across Canada
This last week of June is your final chance to upload artifacts belonging to this year’s class of students. Please plan to have all of your student content uploaded by June 30th at midnight!
Go to the “Uploading Artifacts” section of the private teacher’s section on our website at akgtcanada.com to find
- the link to the Artifact Entry Form
- video #1 explaining how to fill in the form
- video #2 explaining how to upload photographs and media=
HOW TO ADD NEW ARTIFACTS to an EXISTING ENTRY
If you have already uploaded an entry for your class, you can add more content in 2 ways. You can decide which is best by answering one basic question:
Does your new student content fall into the same categories as your previous entry?
i.e. same grade, same topic, same language, etc. ?
YES —-> send new photographs, community description, attribution, and/or links to email@example.com and we will upload them for you.
NO —–> create a brand new entry so that this new student content can be found by someone searching the interactive map by grade, topic, and language
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO UPLOAD STUDENT ARTIFACTS TO THE MAP UNTIL YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE FOLLOWING 4 ACTIVITIES.
Detailed information on each of these topics can be found in the Teacher Resources section on our website.
- PARENTAL CONSENT – collected and in place (please do not throw these out at the end of the year!)
- STUDENT SAFETY – no students images are identified by name
- RESPECTING COPYRIGHT – no student content contains copyrighted material, unless written permission has been obtained. We reserve the right to remove any student content which violates international copyright law.
- ATTRIBUTION – the owners of all content have been identified according to legal requirements, including student content. Please see videos and information on our website for explanation and examples of a simple way to do this.