AKGTC WEEKLY SPECIAL ACTIVITIES !
These activities are designed to be short activities (1 class period or less) to help inspire your students to inquire, investigate, and share their nearby community in creative ways at their own skill level — truly BY KIDS and FOR KIDS.
Originally, one activity per week was shared. Now, you and your class are welcome to complete these activities at any time throughout the year.
An archive of previous national student webcasts is available here.
- SA1 Community Quilt
- SA2 School Window
- SA3 School Yard
- SA4 A Typical Street
- SA5 What’s Your Favourite Outdoor Activity
- SA6 Community Word Web
- SA7 Unique Community
- SA8 Sound Recording
- SA9 Welcome to the Community!
- SA10 Festivals & Celebrations
- SA11 Signs of Spring
- SA12 Music Monday!
- SA13 Mystery Class Challenge #1
- SA14 What’s the Weather Today?
- SA15 What’s For Dinner?!?
- SA15 Choose Your Own Adventure!
- SA16 Are You Celebrating Canada150?
- SA17 KidsMeet Canada – 1st national student webcast
- SA18 Mystery Challenge #2
- SA19 Adding Student Artifacts
SEPTEMBER – 2017-2018 school year
- SA20 First Week of School
- SA21 KidsMatter Collage: How will I Matter This Year?
- SA22 AKGTC Scavenger Hunt!
- SA23 Mystery Class Challenge #3
- SA24 First Snowfall
- SA25 Thanksgiving: Learn from an Elder
- SA26 Community Walk & Mapping
- SA27 Autumn in Your Neighbourhood
- SA30 Mystery Class Challenge #4
- SA31 Remembrance Day
- SA32 Learn an Indigenous Language
- SA33 Mystery Class Challenge #5
- SA34 KidsMeet… the Prairies! (student webcast)
- SA35 KidsMeet… Canadian Identity (student webcast)
- SA36 Put Yourself on the Map
- SA37 Welcome to the Neighbourhood!
- SA39 Mystery Class Challenge #6
* February – Cross-Cultural Learning Activities:
- SA40 * The Potato Activity
- SA41 * If I Really Knew You (Cultural Iceberg)
- SA42 * Barriers to Communication
- SA43 KidsMeet the Great Lakes (student webcast)
- SA44 Mystery Class Challenge #7
- SA45 KidsMeet the Ocean (student webcast)
- SA46 KidsMeet the Arctic (student webcast)
- SA46 Indigenous Name for Provinces and Territories
- SA46 AKGTC Great Canadian Multicultural Trivia Challenge
School Year 2018-19
- SA47 First Week of School!
- SA48 First Snowfall
- SA49 School Window
- SA50 Community Quilt
- SA51 AKGTC Scavenger Hunt 2018
- SA52 Autumn Harvest
- SA53 World Inuit Day: Meeting Mala
- SA54 SHANNEN’s DREAM
SA56 Multicultural Holiday Trivia Challenge
- SA55 KidsMeet Labrador and Innutitut (student webcast)
SA56 Mystery Class Challenge #8
SA57 AKGTC Great Canadian Kids’ Trivia Challenge
- SA58 Mystery Class Challenge #9
School Year 2019-2020
- SA59 “Lucky” visits Regina Saskatchewan (student webcast)
- SA60 “Lucky” visits Surrey BC (student webcast)
- SA61 “Ace” visits Neepawa Manitoba (student webcast)
- SA62 Mystery Class Challenge #10
- SA63 “Ace” visits Nepean Ontario (student webcast)
- SA64 “Lucky” visits Whitehorse Yukon (student webcast)
- SA65 “Ace” visits Deer Island, New Brunswick (student webcast)
- SA66 “Lucky” visits Newfoundland (student webcast)