Welcome to the WEEKLY CLASS CHALLENGES section!
Each month we will be posting 4 Class Challenges for each of the 4 weeks. These are designed to be short activities (1 class period or less) to help inspire your students to inquire, investigate, and share their neighbouring community in many kinds of creative ways, and with their current age-appropriate skills — BY KIDS and FOR KIDS. (Please do not post teacher works.)
Student submissions can be shared on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #akgtcSA, or you can email them to email@example.com.
This year, submissions for each activity will be posted on the corresponding Weekly Activity page on this website. Classes can search the website or the hashtag #akgtcSA on Twitter and Instagram to learn about the beauty and diversity of communities across Canada’s enormous physical landscape.
YOU ARE POSTING STUDENT SUBMISSIONS PUBLICLY ON THE WEB.
ALL STUDENT SUBMISSIONS FOR SPECIAL ACTIVITIES
MUST BE COVERED BY WRITTEN PARENTAL CONSENT, and
MUST NOT CONTAIN IDENTIFY STUDENTS IN ANY WAY.
There are NO deadlines for these activities! While each activity is designed to occur in a particular week, you and your class are welcome to participate and submit responses for all activities until June 30th, 2018.
Details of each month’s activities will be posted at the beginning of the month.
SA# DATE TITLE TYPE of ACTIVITY
- SA20 Sept 5-9 First Week of School! Student Photo challenge
- SA21 Sept 11-15 AKGTC Scavenger Hunt! Small Group Challenge
- SA22 Sept 18-22 KidsMatter Collage Individual Student challenge
- SA23 Sept 25-29 Mystery Class Challenge Class Challenge
- SA24 Oct 2-6 Community Walk Class Photo challenge
- SA25 Oct 2-6 Map Your Community Whole/Small Gp challenge
- SA26 Oct 9-13 Learn from an Elder Individual research challenge
- SA27 ” ” FNMI + PQ KidsMatter! Teacher Sign-up
- SA28 Oct 16-20 KidsMeet Canada – Live Webcast Audience participation
- SA29 Oct 23-25 Mystery Class Challenge Class Challenge
- SA30 Oct 30-Nov3 Local Heroes? (Remembrance Day) Student Photo challenge
- SA31 Nov. 6-10 Learn an Indigenous Language Class Challenge
- SA32 Nov 13-17 — TBA — Student Photo challenge
- SA33 Nov 20-24 KidsMeet Canada – Live Webcast Audience participation
- SA34 Nov. 27 Mystery Class Challenge Class Challenge
- SA35 Dec. 4-8 Family Holiday Traditions Student Photo challenge
- SA36 Dec 11-15 KidsMeet Canada – Live Webcast Audience participation
- SA37 Dec. 18-22 SCHOOL Holiday Collage Class/group collaboration
PREVIOUS ACTIVITIES: JANUARY – JUNE 2017
All activities except Webcasts are still open. Classes are welcome to complete these activities, and post student works as above.
- SA1 Feb. 06 Community Quilt Class Collaboration
- SA2 Feb. 20 School Window Student Photo challenge
- SA3 Feb. 27 School Yard Student Photo Challenge
- SA4 Mar. 06 Typical Street Student Photo Challenge
- SA5 Mar. 13 Outdoor Activity Student Photo Challenge
- SA6 Mar. 20 Word Web Class Collaboration
- SA7 Mar. 27 Unique Community Student Photo Challenge
- SA8 Apr. 03 Sound Recording Audio Challenge
- SA9 Apr. 10 Welcome to… ! Student Photo Challenge
- SA10 Apr. 17 Festivals & Celebrations Student Photo Challenge
- SA11 Apr. 24 Special Signs of Spring Student Photo Challenge
- SA12 May 01 Music Monday Audio Challenge
- SA13 May 08 Mystery Challenge Class Challenge
- SA14 May 15 What’s the Weather Today? Student Photo Challenge
- SA15 May 22 What’s For Dinner?!? Class Collaboration
- .NA….. May 29 Choose Your Own Adventure! — no activity —
- SA16 June 05 Celebrating Canada150? Student Photo Challenge
- SA17 June 12 “KidsMeet Canada” Audience participation
- SA18 June 19 Mystery Challenge Class Challenge
- SA19 June 26 Adding Student Artifacts Class Collaboration