AKGTC WEEKLY SPECIAL ACTIVITIES !
These activities are designed to be short activities (1 class period or less) to help inspire your students to inquire, investigate, and share their nearby community in creative ways at their own skill level — truly BY KIDS and FOR KIDS.
Originally, one activity per week was shared. Now, you and your class are welcome to complete these activities at any time throughout the year.
EXPLORING and SHARING your NEIGHBOURHOOD
- SA1 Community Quilt
- SA2 School Window
- SA3 School Yard
- SA4 A Typical Street
- SA5 What’s Your Favourite Outdoor Activity
- SA6 Community Word Web
- SA7 Unique Community
- SA8 Sound Recording
- SA9 Welcome to the Community!
- SA10 Festivals & Celebrations
- SA12 Music Monday!
- SA15 What’s For Dinner?!?
- SA25 Thanksgiving: Learn from an Elder
- SA31 Remembrance Day
- SA14 What’s the Weather Today?
- SA27 Autumn in Your Neighbourhood
- SA48 First Snowfall
- SA11 Signs of Spring
PUTTING YOUR CLASS CONTENT on the map
- SA37 Welcome to the Neighbourhood!
- SA26 Community Walk & Mapping
- SA19 Adding Student Artifacts
- SA36 Put Yourself on the Map
INDIGENOUS and CROSS-CULTURAL LEARNING ACTIVITIES
- SA40 * The Potato Activity
- SA41 * If I Really Knew You (Cultural Iceberg)
- SA42 * Barriers to Communication
- SA32 Learn an Indigenous Language
- SA46 Indigenous Names for Provinces and Territories
- SA53 World Inuit Day: Meeting Mala
MYSTERY CLASS CHALLENGES
- SA13 Mystery Class Challenge #1
- SA18 Mystery Challenge #2
- SA23 Mystery Class Challenge #3
- SA30 Mystery Class Challenge #4
- SA33 Mystery Class Challenge #5
- SA39 Mystery Class Challenge #6
- SA44 Mystery Class Challenge #7
- SA56 Mystery Class Challenge #8
- SA58 Mystery Class Challenge #9
- SA62 Mystery Class Challenge #10
SCAVENGER HUNTS + GAMES:
- SA57 AKGTC Great Canadian Kids’ Trivia Challenge
- SA56 AKGTCGreat Canadian Multicultural Winter Holiday Trivia Challenge
- SA77 AKGTC Scavenger Hunt 2022
“KIDSMEET CANADA” STUDENT WEBCASTS (An archive of all KidsMeetCanada webcasts is available here)
- SA17 KidsMeet Canada
- SA34 KidsMeet… the Prairies!
- SA35 KidsMeet… Canadian Identity
- SA43 KidsMeet the Great Lakes
- SA45 KidsMeet the Ocean
- SA46 KidsMeet the Arctic
- SA55 KidsMeet Labrador and Innutitut
CANADA JAY WEBCASTS: CONNECTING CLASSES ACROSS CANADA
- Explanation of the Canada Jay program
- ARCHIVE of class webcasts introducing their neighbourhood community
- SA59 “Lucky” visits Regina Saskatchewan
- SA60 “Lucky” visits Surrey BC
- SA66 “Lucky” visits Dartmouth Nova Scotia
- SA64 “Lucky” visits Whitehorse Yukon
- SA61 “Ace” visits Neepawa Manitoba
- SA63 “Ace” visits Nepean Ontario
- SA65 “Ace” visits Deer Island, New Brunswick