“KidsMeet Canada” Student Webcasts
Helping K-8 students meet and learn
from Canadian classes from coast to coast!
There are 3 ways for you and your students to participate:
* Volunteer to have your students PRESENT your local area in one of our live webcasts.
* Participate in the LIVE AUDIENCE and have students submit questions and comments in a live chat
* WATCH the RECORDING after the fact.
- entirely free for all K-8 classes in Canada
DATE & TIME
- once a month
- 12 noon Eastern Time Zone to accommodate classes from all 6 Canadian time zones
- (9 a.m. in British Columbia and Yukon to 1:30 pm in Newfoundland and Labrador)
- length 30-60 minutes depended on targeted grade levels
- (Note: all previous webcasts have been targeted a general K-8 audience, but most presenters and audience classes have been from Grades 4-8)
- Google Hangouts on Air – no account or previous experience is necessary!
- The webcasts are broadcast live in the public domain
- The webcasts are recorded and posted in the webcast archive for later viewing.
- Families of presenters can be given the link on the morning of the webcast to watch the live event, or they can view the recording after the fact.
A For Students
1. to learn about communities in the different regions of Canada from students who actually live there
2. to meet children from across the country and to discover their similarities and differences
3. to demonstrate the power of videoconferencing as a learning tool
4. to celebrate and showcase student voice
5. to have fun!
B For Teachers
1. to help teachers provide their students with authentic opportunities for student voice and learning
2. to help teachers provide their students with authentic opportunities for cross-cultural learning
3. to help teachers learn about video-conferencing as a tool for learning
4. to help teachers meet, connect, and learn with other teachers across Canada
5. to learn and have fun with like-minded teachers across Canada!
C For Parents, School Communities, and the General Public
* to provide a view of rich and meaningful 21st century connected learning by K-8 students across Canada
D Classes around the World
* to help children and classes around the world learn about Canada and its many very diverse communities
FORMAT: (Moderated by AKGTC teacher hosts)
- Introductions and instructions for audience
- 2-5 live class presentations
- During presentations: audience chat moderated by an AKGTC teacher (no accounts are required)
- Q+A from audience, moderated by AKGTC hosts
- Closing, Thanks, and Next Steps
We hope you will join us for our live webcasts
connecting Canadian classrooms across the country!
Click here to go to
ARCHIVE OF PREVIOUS STUDENT WEBCASTS
Broken links on this page?
This is a collaborative team effort: please contact us and let us know!