This post is also available in: Français (French)
What’s For Dinner? SA15
Download this activity: SA15 What’s For Dinner?.
- Grades: K-8
- Date: May 22, 2017 — (no deadline).
- Share: Share: 1) Upload pictures to Twitter or 2) Email to email@example.com
- Hashtag: #akgtcsa
To celebrate uniqueness and diversity of communities across Canada
With Canada having so many diverse geographic regions across the country, families eat many of the same foods, and many that are different. What is a typical dinner meal in your neighbourhood at this time of year? Is it influenced by weather and local resources?
Challenge your students to create a picture of a typical dinner plate for people in their neighbourhood at night on a weekday at this time of year. They can use any materials available to them and make their picture by hand or they can use a camera!
- camera of any kind
- magazines and grocery store flyers, scissors, and glue
- Creative Commons Free image search engines: Pixabay, Flikr etc.
- (see also Copyright Free Resources on the Kids’ Guide website).
While we welcome any and every idea, please be sure to keep student faces and names out of SA pictures you share!
Broken links on this page?
This is a collaborative team effort: please contact us and let us know!